Musings and updates at twitter.com/capriccioblog

Sunday 24 June 2012

Gianandrea Noseda and LSO with Angela Denoke

21/06/2012

I love this music and chose to go to this concert before I had heard Denoke in Salome. I'm amazed she still gets hired to do stuff. She can just about sing Marie, but there's no aspect of her voice that the decline hasn't touched. Isolde would be a disaster at this stage. Very sad as her acting in Salome was so good - her stage presence in opera is remarkable (even if here on the concert platform she looked ultra tense and awkward).

Still, those Berg excerpts just fill me with pure rapture whenever I hear 'em, so was worth the risk. Also we heard a bonkers version of Beethoven 5 which other people loved, me not so much, but was cool to witness, I guess. I reviewed it for Bachtrack:

http://www.bachtrack.com/review-lso-angela-denoke-wagner-berg-beethoven


No comments:

Post a Comment